On the backburner until I get tired of manually managing the transcoding using the Lossless to AAC workflow.
Create a distributable automator workflow to synchronize an iTunes library and iPod while transcoding lossless songs to a lower bitrate alternative.
This project will consist of writing a few actions for automator to provide the needed functionality to accomplish the goal. The additional actions that will be required are:
- Find Differences
- This action will compare all songs on the iPod to the iTunes library and return the differences.
- Will look for expected transcoded files on iPod from lossless master library using set encoder.
- Set Encoder
- This action will set the encoder (iTunes import preferences)
- Reset Encoder
- This action will undo the set encoder action and restore the preferences to their original value
- Convert Tracks
- This action will convert an input song to the preset encoder settings
- Copy Tracks to iPod
- This action will copy itunes tracks to an iPod
- Delete Tracks
- This action will delete specified iTunes tracks (primarily temporary AAC files)